Insight to Trisha Brown

I first became interested in Trisha Brown because of my interest in Judson Dance Theatre and the Grand Union. I was interested in this transition to postmodern dance, which Brown was a major part of. When discussing her "Roof Piece", Claudia La Rocca says the dancers were "moving their limbs as if transmitting mysterious messages". I think this quote demonstrates very clearly what Brown was doing with her new, groundbreaking dance and style. What interested me even more was the evolution of her dancing, how much it has changed from Judson to her present day company. This fueled my interest even more.





Early work:
"Man Walking Down the Side of the Building" (1970)



Present works:
"I Love My Robots" (2007)







2 comments:

  1. The pictures you have make me think her work would be interesting and fun to watch partially because of the costumes and settings involved. Her dancing also seems to tell stories from the quote that Claudia La Roca states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures you have selected are very good for the section. I find the "Man Walking Down the Side of the Building" picture to be be interesting and wonder if any of her dancers were ever scared to perform her choreography were they are walking on the side of a building. The other picture was great as well. I love the costumes she used. Also the quote by Claudia La Rosa, I feel, is a great way to convey Tricha Browns work.

    ReplyDelete